A white noise fan serves as a great sleep aid that provides a consistent sound to help keep you asleep. The soothing sound of a fan can be found in many different mediums. Some people like the combined noise and air movement of a real fan while others just like relaxing hum.
If you are looking for soothing sounds for sleep, this little guy has it. My favorite white noise is that of a fan, and this machine provides 10 real like fan sounds and 10 white noise sounds - with an adjusted volume. I used it the other day when my granddaughter was here. Put her down for her nap, turned on the LectroFan and she slept 3 hours. Not sure if it was the white noise fan or what but she never sleeps that long. Many people who love to sleep with the noise of a real fan have turned to the LectroFan. It is more portable and good for traveling, doesn't create any cool air and has several fan sounds and volume options. This white noise device by LectroFan features:
1. A 60 Minute Timer if you want it to go off in an hour
2. More Sound options - 10 realistic fan sounds from exhaust fan to box fan noises and 10 white noise sounds. Choose different sounds for different types of noises or environments
3. Non-repeating sounds which means less opportunity to disturb one's sleep
4. Will run all night if that's what you prefer
5. Compact so you can travel with it - 8.8 x 6.5 x 2.7 inches and weighs 1.2 pounds
6. Cost is close to $55
I love the sound of a real fan, not to mask any noise, but actually because I don't like the room so quiet.
You can buy a fan from a local drug store or big box store, but be sure it is not too quiet or it will defeat the purpose.
Many people appreciate not only the soothing sound of a fan but
the air movement as well. Get one with at least 3 settings - low,
medium, and high so that there are a couple of options of "noise"
levels. This table fan from Amazon has 3 settings and is not one of the super quiet fans so it can be used to block nighttime noises.
One of my co-workers is "hooked" on sleeping with the sound of a fan and takes it with her whenever she travels - yes, the fan, not a white noise fan app or CD. Hey, whatever helps you fall asleep and stay asleep :)
The disadvantages of fans are:
1. Some fans have inconsistent vibrations, noises and sounds. One fan we had worked great for a while and then started making different sounds through out the night waking me up.
2. Breezy and cool during colder fall and winter months
3. Unable to adjust "the sound volume"
There are also CD's and white noise downloads that simulate the sound of a fan.
It's pretty simple to find a fan sound as a white noise MP3 download.
Just go to Amazon, and type in "white noise fan" in the MP3 downloads and you will find at least 20 different options.
The best part is you can listen to them first and then for under $1.00 you can play your white noise on your choice of devices or make a CD.
The best part is it's much easier to travel with an MP3 player than it is with your fan :)
Download the sleep app called Relax Melodies Premium onto your Kindle, smart phone or tablet that supports Android apps. It costs about $2.99.
It has 94 sound options including "Oscillating Fan." Volume, pitch and balance are all settings that can be adjusted.
Get practical advice on how to fall asleep, stay asleep and to get deep sleep. It's free so sign up here: